Nursing Learning Community
The Nursing Learning Community (NLC) is designed to connect freshman pre-nursing majors with their peers, their faculty and the College of Nursing. NLC members:
- Live together in Wildwood Hall
- Get to know nursing faculty and interact with upper-division nursing majors
- Attend the Nursing Colloquium in Wildwood Hall
- Explore many aspects of the nursing profession
- Discover special opportunities at FSU and around Tallahassee
- Develop the professionalism associated with the career of nursing
Any first-year student may apply; however, only those who declare pre-nursing as their major may be selected. Selection is competitive and based on brief responses to two essay questions.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2015.
- Submit a Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 Housing Contract and your $225 housing prepayment as soon as you are admitted to FSU for Summer or Fall. (Note: Selection of Wildwood Hall as a building preference has no impact on NLC selection.)
- Read the Nursing Learning Community Agreement to be sure you understand and accept it.
- Compose brief responses to both NLC Application essay questions
- After the Living-Learning Community application becomes available in February, log in here.
- Next to Nursing Learning Community, click on Apply.
- Copy and paste your essays into the box provided.
- Click on I Accept to indicate that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- Read and follow any instructions provided on screen or by email.
To learn more, contact University Housing at 850-644-2860 or visit www.housing.fsu.edu/livelearn.
Apply (by April 6)