The Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare (TMH) Center for Research and Evidence Based Practice is a collaborative research center focused on the optimization of health outcomes for patients, their families and the community. The Center will provide a physical space and resources to support the integration of the ongoing collaboration between the TMH staff, the faculty of the Florida State University College of Nursing (CON) and collaborators from other university units.
The goals of the center are as follows:
1. Collaborate with the Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare nursing staff in their efforts to improve nursing practice.
- Increase the number of nursing research projects throughout TMH.
- Increase the number of publications in refereed journals by TMH nursing staff.
- Increase the number of joint publications in refereed journals by TMH nursing staff co-authoring with CON faculty.
- Increase the number of research grant applications that include a team composition from TMH, the College of Nursing, and other university units.
2. Promote interdisciplinary collaborative research efforts to institute best practices in healthcare based on evidence.
- Increase the number of research projects that include team members from TMH, the CON and other FSU units.
- Increase the number of publications that include team members from TMH, the CON and other FSU units.
- Increase the number of grant applications that include team members from TMH, the CON and other FSU units.
3. Enhance undergraduate, masters and doctoral level student learning with regards to evidence based practice and nursing research
- Increase the number of undergraduate and graduate students working on collaborative projects with TMH staff and faculty across the campus.
- Increase the number of student publications that arise from collaborative work with TMH staff and faculty from units across the FSU campus.
- Increase undergraduate and graduate student participation in funded research projects that involve collaboration with TMH and/or other university units.