The Nursing Learning Community (NLC) is designed to connect freshmen interested in nursing with their peers, nursing faculty and the College of Nursing. NLC members will:
- Live together in Wildwood Hall.
- Get to know nursing faculty and interact with upper-division nursing majors.
- Attend the Nursing Colloquium in Wildwood Hall.
- Explore many aspects of the nursing profession.
- Discover special opportunities at FSU and around Tallahassee.
- Develop the professionalism associated with the career of nursing.
Any first-year student may apply. Priority will be given to applicants classified as “Not Formally Admitted (NFA)-Nursing” majors. Selection is competitive and based on brief responses to several questions.
Application Deadline: April 8, 2019.
- Submit a Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Housing Contract and your $225 housing prepayment in February or as soon as you are admitted to FSU for Summer or Fall. (Note: Selection of Wildwood Hall as a building preference has no impact on NLC selection.)
- Read the Nursing Learning Community Agreement to be sure you understand and accept it.
- Compose brief responses to all NLC Application questions.
- Complete the Living-Learning Community application when it becomes available in February.
- Log in and select Nursing Learning Community
- Copy and paste your essays into the box provided.
- Click on I Accept to indicate that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
5. Log back into the LLC application to check your status beginning April 24. If your LLC application status is “Invited,” accept online between April 24 and April 27.
If your status is “Alternate,” check it again weekly. Invitations not accepted by 11:59 p.m. EDT Saturday of the week they appear online may be withdrawn.
Housing Tip: Housing contract numbers have no impact on LLC selection. However, if you are not selected for any LLC, or if you choose to decline all LLC invitations, your Fall/Spring housing assignment will depend primarily on your housing contract number. For the best possible contract number, submit your Fall/Spring housing contract as early as possible.
To learn more, contact University Housing at 850-644-2860 or visit www.housing.fsu.edu/livelearn.
Apply (by April 8)
Living Learning @ FSU
For more information contact Denise Mercer at (850) 644-2860 or firstname.lastname@example.org .