1. MSN degree in Psychiatric Mental Health from a nationally accredited program with a graduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
2. Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
3. Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score or Miller Analogies Test (MAT).*
4. Unencumbered and unrestricted APRN license.
5. Psychiatric Mental Health Certification
6. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
7. Current CV or resume.
8. Essay answering the following questions: a) Tell us about your professional work experience as a nurse and other relevant professional experiences. Include leadership activities such as serving on committees, leading projects and involvement in professional associations. b) What are your career goals and how will a DNP degree help you with your goals?
9. Record a video answering the questions below. The video should not be more than 10 minutes long answering all the questions.
Why do you want to become a DNP prepared nurse practitioner? What is your personal nursing philosophy? In the past, how have you illustrated that philosophy?
What patient population are you most passionate about? Why? What are your thoughts about any health disparities affecting that group? As a DNP prepared nurse practitioner, how might you contribute in finding solutions to these issues?
What is your research interest for your Doctor of Nursing Practice evidence based practice project?
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the Florida State University Graduate application on line and upload all required admissions documents and video interview to the application. https://admissions.fsu.edu/gradapp/
Admission Application Deadline: March 1, 2021
* GRE/MAT Waiver Criteria
The GRE requirement will be waived for outstanding applicants meeting ONE of the following criteria:
-A completed master’s degree with a 3.0 or better GPA from an accredited institution.
-A completed BSN (60 hours of nursing or RN to BSN courses) with a 3.5 GPA from an accredited institution.
Applicants must provide evidence to satisfy the criteria being applied.
Applicants with a competitive GRE or MAT score will still be able to apply to the program and will not be held to these additional criteria.
For those accredited institutions that are competency-based (no GPA assigned) the applicant must submit a GRE/MAT score.