This message to all students, faculty and staff has been approved by Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs Jim Clark.
The Florida State University College of Nursing is dedicated to increasing the nursing workforce by educating students who have a desire and commitment to become a Registered Nurse. As such, the college has taken measures to increase enrollment by expanding admissions from once per year to three times per year.
Students will now be accepted to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. The College of Nursing has also amended its admission criteria to include the following requirements:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A grade of “C” or better on all prerequisite courses
Specific to Spring 2023 Enrollment
- Students may have prerequisites in progress during Fall 2022 but may only have one science prerequisites in progress (didactic and lab count as one course)
- Applications will be accepted August 5 – September 1 with decision letters sent to students on September 9
- All prerequisites must be completed by the end of the Fall 2022 semester
- Admissions will be contingent upon the successful completion of all prerequisites by the end of the Fall 2022 semester
To allow more students the opportunity to be admitted under the new criteria, we are now accepting additional applications for the Spring 2023 semester. Applications for the Spring 2023 semester will be accepted through September 1st and students will be notified of acceptance on or before September 9th, 2022
To apply for Spring 2023 admission and for a complete list of all prerequisites, please visit our website at
The deadline to apply for Spring 2023 admission under the new admission criteria is September 1, 2022. If you have questions, contact Nikki Davis, Academic Program Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Marsha Hartline, Interim Assistant Dean for Student Services, at email@example.com or (850) 644-6021. Applicants can also call Student Services in the College of Nursing at 850-644-3296.
The College of Nursing is honored to offer this opportunity, and we look forward to welcoming many more future Nole Nurses into the College of Nursing!