How to Apply - BSN Transfer
Transferring to FSU? We've got you covered!
Transferring can be a little confusing. If you have questions, our academic advisors have the answers. They work with students just like yourself every day! They also understand every situation is different. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for help on your application process!
If you are a current FSU student, visit our FSU BSN Apply page.
How to Apply - Transfer (Non-FSU) Student
1) Apply to Florida State University
Applicants who have not taken courses at FSU for three (3) consecutive semesters will be required to reapply to the University. New students must apply for general admission to the FSU Undergraduate Admissions office by the dates listed below in addition to applying to the College of Nursing.
**Please note that only College of Nursing applicants who have completed university and college applications will be considered for admission to the program. This includes submitting all required documentation and fees.**
2) Complete the College of Nursing Application
Summer Admission- Applications are accepted October 1 through November 21st
Important Note to All Applicants
Once you begin the application, you have twenty-four hours to complete it. Duplicate, multiple, or erroneous applications may result in disqualification from the application process. Students are responsible for checking their MyFSU account for updates to admissions applications. While we receive many qualified applications, all candidates are required to have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0.
In addition, all prerequisite courses need a grade of C or better (C- will not be accepted). Please note that admissions decisions will not be made until after the application cycle ends. This process may take up to 8 to 10 weeks. You can expect to receive an email confirming or denying your acceptance into the program.
3) Submit Transcripts
Official transcripts must be sent to the FSU Admissions Office
Transcripts must include final grades.
Students are admitted through a competitive application process to the College of Nursing after they have completed the nursing prerequisites and a minimum of sixty (60) credit hours of courses that fulfill General Education / Graduation Requirements per the FSU catalog OR an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from an accredited Florida public institution.
- Students must complete all nursing prerequisites by the end of the semester in which they submit their application.
- Students must complete all general education requirements by the end of the semester in which they submit their application.
- Students must complete the following graduation requirements by the end of the semester in which they submit their application. Students must choose one of the following options:
- Option A: 2 state-mandated writing, 1 civic literacy, 1 diversity, and 1 oral communication
- Option B: 2 state-mandated writing, 1 civic literacy, and 2 diversities
- Example: If the application is submitted in the Spring for Fall admission, all nursing prerequisites, general education requirements, and the listed graduation requirements must be completed by the end of the Spring semester
Nursing Specific Prerequisites
|Course Number||Course or FSU Equivalent||Credits|
|CHM 1045||General Chemistry I for Science Majors||3 semester credits|
|BSC 2010||General Biology for Science Majors||3 semester credits|
|HUN 1201||Science of Nutrition||3 semester credits|
|BSC 2085 & Lab||Anatomy & Physiology I and Lab||4 semester credits|
|BSC 2086 & Lab||Anatomy & Physiology II and Lab||4 semester credits|
|MCB 2004 & Lab||Microbiology and Lab||4 semester credits|
|STA2XXX||Statistics (Fundamental or Applied)||3 semester credits|
|FAD3220||Individual & Life Span Development (DEP2004@ other institutions)||3 semester credits|
|PSY2012 or Sociology||General Psychology or Any Sociology||3-6 semester credits|
NOTE: We strongly recommend that applicants complete both psychology and sociology courses.
- CHM1032 or CHM1033 will be accepted in lieu of CHM1045.
- AP/AICE/IB credit will be accepted for STA2XXXX and PSY2012. All other nursing prerequisites must be completed with a letter grade.
General Education/Graduation Requirements
General Education Requirements
- Quantitative and Logical Thinking – 6 credit hours
- English Composition – 6 credit hours
- Social Sciences (3 credits) and History (3 credits) – 6 credit hours
- Humanities and Cultural Practice (3 credits) and Ethics (3 credits) – 6 credit hours
- Natural Sciences – 6 credits
- Additional Approved General Education Hours – 6 credit hours
- Option A: 2 state-mandated writing (6 credit hours), 1 civic literacy (3 credit hours), 1 diversity (3 credit hours), and 1 oral communication (3 credit hours).
- Option B: 2 state-mandated writing (6 credit hours), 1 civic literacy (3 credit hours), 2 diversities (6 credit hours).
The following graduation requirements are satisfied through BSN coursework:
- Digital Literacy
- Natural Sciences Laboratory
- Scholarship in Practice
- Formative Experience
- Upper Division Writing
- 1 Diversity
- 1 Oral Communication